For more information, contact Colin Holt Holt (Member for the South West Region).
Nationals Member for the South West Region Colin Holt MLC has joined with the Great Southern Development Commission to congratulate recipients of the region’s Royalties for Regions funded Community Chest Grants.
Mr Holt said the Community Chest Fund provided one-off grants to community, public and not for profit organisations to improve and develop infrastructure and services in the region.
Albany projects supported through the latest round of the Great Southern Community Chest Fund include:
- Centre of Excellence in NRM, UWA: Bringing Oysters Back to Oyster Harbour $44,400
- Albany Community Legal Centre Crisis Accommodation Study $35,950
- South Coast NRM, Environment and Heritage Centre Feasibility Study $30,661
- The Dyslexia Speld Foundation WA, Literacy Support for Families $6,500
- Lower GS Hockey Association Inc, Project Befuddled: What's the Score $10,730
- City of Albany XPD Expedition Race - Adventure Racing World Qualifier $38,382
- FORM Building a State of Creativity, Land Mark Art Workshop $24,000
- Southern Dirt Inc., Southern Dirt Techspo (Data, Dirt and Droids) $50,000
- Southern Edge Arts Inc Making Mental Health Matter Through Performing Arts $9,480
- Albany and Denmark Hinterland Orienteering Club, Orienteering Club Trailer $5,000
The Community Chest Fund provides voluntary organisations, educational institutions and community organisations with grants of up to $50,000 to support local projects.
Western Australia's nine regional development commissions oversee the projects, with each being allocated an equal share from which to provide the Community Chest Fund grants.
“This is yet another example of Royalties for Regions investing in such a diverse range of projects to ensure regional WA is a great place to live, work and invest,” Mr Holt said.
“This funding will support region-specific priorities that are driven by local communities to facilitate the development of infrastructure, services and community projects that help build vibrant regions with strong economies.
“I congratulate the Great Southern Development Commission in their extraordinarily difficult task in selecting from the very many worthy projects that applied.”
Find out more about Royalties for Regions at https://rfrmap.drd.wa.gov.au
For media enquiries please contact Office of Colin Holt MLC on (08) 9724 1181