For more information, contact Paul Brown 🐂🐑🦐🌾🐐🍻 (Candidate for Geraldton).
Nationals WA Member of Parliament and candidate for the seat of Geraldton, Paul Brown MP, today joined the Minister for Regional Development and Lands, Hon Terry Redman MLA, to officially open the newly renovated Chrysalis House.
The renovations were made possible through $123,277 from the Royalties for Regions funded Regional Grant Scheme (RGS), along with $80,833 from Lotterywest. Chrysalis House provides an essential service supporting women and children affected by domestic violence.
Mr Brown said “Chrysalis House provides a vital service for women and their children fleeing domestic violence. Many of the women seeking support from Chrysalis are coming from situations that are dominated by drug and alcohol dependency, issues that are having a devastating effect on families and our wider community”.
“This funding has allowed the much needed upgrades to Chrysalis House to be completed and will go long way to ensure that Chrysalis House has the space and facilities it needs to continue to provide, what is sadly, a much needed service.”
The funding has gone towards upgrades to the interior and exterior of Chrysalis House and include:
- concealed / secure parking;
- a fenced playground;
- landscaping, paving and communal gardens;
- adequate space for drying laundry; and
- a secure shed to store belongings.
This current project adds value to a previous upgrade at Chrysalis House, which was also supported by the RGS with $134,565 provided to expand the facility to better cater for school age children in residence - ie study, TV/DVD room and to create a new space for meetings / training / resident interviews etc.
- Regional Grant Scheme assists the development of infrastructure, services and community projects intended to build vibrant regions with strong economies.
- Round 6 of RGS is currently being assessed, with each RDC allocated $1.667 million projects in 2016/17. These projects will be announced in the coming months.