A range of projects in the Goldfields region have been successful in attracting Community Chest grants made possible by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program.
Wendy Duncan MLA, Member for Kalgoorlie said the Community Chest Fund provided one-off grants of up to $50,000 to community, public and not for profit organisations to improve and develop infrastructure and services in the region.
Speaking from Menzies while participating in the Goldfields Tourism Network Association’s ‘Drive Yourself Wild’ tour, Ms Duncan said that the range of organisations successful in this round demonstrated the strengths and aspirations of the wider Goldfields community.
“The determination of our local organisations and the drive that they have to develop, promote and enhance the Goldfields region is to be commended,” Ms Duncan said.
“This Royalties for Regions Community Chest funding will support those efforts and assist with the development of infrastructure, services and community projects that help enrich the region.”
Ms Duncan said projects supported through the Goldfields-Esperance Region’s Community Chest Fund in this round include:- Goldfields Equestrian Centre Management Committee Inc.
- Goldfields Repertory Club Inc.
- Indian Association of Goldfields WA Inc.
- Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku
- Goldfields Tourism Network Association
- Goldfields Nullarbor Rangelands Biosecurity Association
- Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Foundation
- Goldfields Community Legal Centre
- Coolgardie Day Celebrations
- Kalgoorlie-Boulder Chamber of Commerce and Industry Saint Barbara's Festival
- Eastern Goldfields Historical Society
- Kalgoorlie Central Play Group
- Goldfields Education Mining Industry Alliance (GEMIA)
- Eastern Goldfields Cycle Club Inc.
- FORM Building a State of Creativity
“I congratulate the Board of the Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission in their extraordinarily difficult task in selecting from the very many worthy projects that applied and all of those organisations successful in securing funding.”
The State Government, through the Royalties for Regions program, has invested $10 million into the Community Chest Fund over the next four years.
For media enquiries contact Wendy Duncan MLA on 0438 782 034