For more information, contact Dave Grills (Member for the Mining and Pastoral Region).
Nominations for the 2016 Western Australian Regional Achievement and Community Awards are now open.
Member for the Mining and Pastoral Region Dave Grills MLC said the awards encouraged, acknowledged and rewarded the valuable contributions individuals, communities and businesses made throughout regional and rural WA.
“These awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognise those often unsung heroes who contribute to the social, cultural, economic or environmental wellbeing of our regional communities,” Mr Grills said.
“I encourage anyone who believes they know an individual, group or business adding to the vibrancy, development or prosperity of their local community to submit a nomination in one of the 11 categories this year.”
The 2016 award categories are:
- Horizon Power Leadership and Innovation Award
- Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award
- Curtin University Teaching Excellence Award
- Worldwide Printing Solutions Sports Award
- LandCorp Sustainability Award
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- Insurance Commission of Western Australia Regional Safety Award
- RAC Volunteering Award
- Indago Solutions Agricultural Innovation Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Community TAB Community Service Award.
One of the category winners will also be named as the 2016 Department of Regional Development Overall State Winner.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said this year marked the 15th anniversary of the awards in Western Australia.
"The awards recognise locally driven projects and activities that help ensure regional communities continue to thrive and develop," Mr Redman said.
"It is important to acknowledge those who inspire us with their leadership and dedication, and celebrate the contribution they make to our regional communities."
Nominations close Wednesday August 3, 2016.
For more information on the Regional Achievement and Community Awards, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.awardsaustralia.com
For media enquiries contact Dave Grills MLC on (08) 9071 500 or email email@example.com