We have an opportunity to use revenue generated through Labor's Foreign Buyers Tax to reverse 'Mean' McGowan's education cuts.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SAVE REGIONAL EDUCATION
We need just four more votes in order to pass an amendment in State Parliament which would see all of the McGowan Government's remaining education cuts reversed.
Outstanding cuts include:
- Raids on the Agricultural Farm Provisions Trust;
- The privatisation of six camp schools and Landsdale Farm School;
- The closure of the Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre;
- Cuts to the Boarding away from Home Allowance;
- Cuts to Community Kindergartens
We now have the support of the Liberal Party and Shooters and Fishers for our amendment, giving us a total of 14 votes. We need just four more votes to overturn these cuts.
Join us in the fight to reverse the remaining cuts to education by contacting One Nation, The Greens and the Liberal-Democrats Members in the Legislative Council and ask them to support our amendment to Labor's Foreign Buyers Tax.
Who to contact:
Colin Tincknell MLC (One Nation)
Charles Smith MLC (One Nation)
Robin Scott MLC (One Nation)
|Aaron Stonehouse MLC (Liberal-Democrats)
L1, Sterling House, 8 Parliament Place
West Perth WA 6005
Alison Xamon MLC (The Greens)
|Robin Chapple MLC (The Greens)
PO Box 94
West Perth WA 6872
Diane Evers MLC (The Greens)
|Tim Clifford MLC (The Greens)
1/36 The Crescent
Midland WA 6056
Not sure what to write? Click here to download a template letter. Simply fill in your details and send by email to as many MPs as you wish.
The Nationals WA are calling on the McGowan Government to reverse all remaining education cuts through revenue generated through its new Foreign Buyer's Tax.
Our amendment to the legislation means The Nationals WA will support the legislation only after the government commits to using part proceeds of this tax to:
- Reverse their $30 million cuts to education
- Continue the operation of all camp schools, Landsdale Farm School, Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre and restore the 20% raided from the Agricultural Farm Provisions Trust.
- A 4% Foreign Buyers Tax would raise $73 million
- Labor’s new 7% Foreign Buyers Tax will raise $123 million
- Freezing TAFE fees will cost $23 million
- Reversing all outstanding education cuts will cost less than $30 million
- At a tax rate of 7%, the McGowan Government can freeze TAFE fees and reverse remaining education cuts and still walk away with $68 million in revenue
- WE THINK THAT'S FAIR!