For more information, contact Terry Redman (Member for Warren-Blackwood).
The Nationals WA have today announced their team of regional champions in the Agricultural Region ahead of the 2017 State Election.
Leader of The Nationals WA, Terry Redman, said a strong, independent, and passionate team had assembled to represent the best interests of regional families, businesses and communities in the Agricultural Region.
“I’m delighted to announce The Nationals WA team in the Agricultural Region who will seek to champion regional WA and safeguard the future of Royalties for Regions in State Parliament,” Mr Redman said.
Incumbent Agricultural Region MP Martin Aldridge will be joined by a diverse group of regional champions including:
- Esperance farmer and Nuffield Australia scholar Colin de Grussa;
- Town of Narrogin Mayor and small business director Leigh Ballard;
- Health promotions officer and former chair of the Geraldton Regional Hospital District Health Advisory Committee Fred Block;
- Blyth Tree Farm managing director and Great Southern Institute of TAFE lecturer Steve Blyth from Katanning;
- Business owner and Shire of Irwin councillor David Kennedy.
Leader of The Nationals WA, Terry Redman MLA, said only The Nationals WA could safeguard the future of Royalties for Regions.
“In recent months, both major parties have come out saying they would like to see Royalties for Regions changed or scaled back.
“Only The Nationals WA can ensure that Royalties for Regions continues to deliver the best outcomes for regional WA and doesn’t become watered down by the Perth-focused major parties.”
Mr Redman reiterated The Nationals WA’s role as an independent political party heading into the State election.
“We have assembled an excellent team of local champions and we look forward to a State election campaign that puts regional issues front and centre.”