Several local sporting and recreation clubs in the Goldfields are set to receive $500 grants to purchase new sporting equipment.
Wendy Duncan MLA, Member for Kalgoorlie, said the grants, delivered through the Community Sporting Club Equipment Subsidy Scheme, provide clubs across regional and metro WA with funds to purchase new equipment.
Ms Duncan said that the Scheme, funded through Royalties for Regions for regional clubs, helps clubs to increase and upgrade shared sporting equipment for club members.
“With such a strong and growing sporting culture in the region, this Royalties for Regions funding will assist clubs which support the development of sport and recreation for all generations and interests,” Ms Duncan said.
Under this round nineteen clubs from the Goldfields will receive funding support including:-
- YM Hockey Club (YMHC) Inc
- St. Joes Kalgoorlie Soccer Club Inc.
- Eastern Goldfields Cycle Club Inc.
- Goldfields Golf Club
- Leinster Golf Club Inc
- Eastern Goldfields Squash Racquets Association
- Kalgoorlie PCYC
- Kalgoorlie District Pony Club Inc
- Goldfields Horse & Pony Club
- Pegasus Hockey Club Inc
- Boulder Speedway Association Inc
- Goldfields Tennis Club
- Mana Wahine Sports & Social Club Inc.
- Hannans Celtic Sports Club Inc.
- Kalgoorlie Triathlon Club
- Sommerville Soccer Club Inc
- Boulder City Soccer Club Inc
- Souths City Junior Soccer Club Inc
- Imperials Netball Club Inc.
Ms Duncan said the latest round of the Community Sporting Club Equipment Subsidy Scheme will deliver a total of $312,500 to 625 regional clubs thanks to Royalties for Regions.
A full list of successful recipients is available at http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/cess-successful-clubs
For media enquiries contact Wendy Duncan MLA on 0438 782 034