- New Sun City Christian Centre and Sun City Care complex officially opened
- $4.1 million complex supported by Lotterywest and the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman today officially opened the new Sun City Christian Centre and Sun City Care complex, a $4.1 million project supported by Lotterywest and the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program.
Sun City Christian Centre and Sun City Care have a long-standing reputation in the Geraldton community of providing quality community programs that meet the needs of children, youth, families, the aged and people in crisis.
Premier Colin Barnett said $1.45 million had been contributed to the project by Lotterywest and a further $800,000 from Royalties for Regions. The remaining $1.87 million was funded by Sun City Christian Centre.
“Sun City Christian Centre and Sun City Care provide services to a diverse range of people within the community with different ages, nationalities and backgrounds,” Mr Barnett said.
“The new facilities will be a catalyst for community services and provide valuable care and support for those in need and the wider Geraldton community.”
Mr Redman said Royalties for Regions was focused on delivering benefits to regional Western Australia through building capacity and improving services in regional communities.
“Royalties for Regions supported the construction of Sun City’s two new buildings, which will enable them to relocate and expand existing facilities to better meet existing and future community and aged care needs,” he said.
Sun City’s new facilities were developed following extensive community consultation and were critical to the organisation’s strategic plan to accommodate current users and expected growth.
- WA is the only State where money raised from lottery products is distributed directly back to the community to support not-for-profit organisations
- Last financial year, Lotterywest raised $283 million to support the WA community
- The State’s regional development priority is to develop regions into vibrant communities with strong economies that are desirable places to live, work and invest
- Royalties for Regions has invested $6.1 billion into more than 3,600 projects and programs to deliver strong economic and social outcomes for the State
- For more information on Royalties for Regions projects, visit Bigger Picture – Regions