The Nationals WA have added five regional champions to contest the important Upper House Agricultural and Mining and Pastoral Regions at the upcoming 2021 State election.
Northampton account manager, father and self-professed ‘farmer’s husband’ Rob Horstman joins the Agricultural Region ticket, supporting MPs Colin de Grussa and Martin Aldridge, City of Greater Geraldton Councillor Natasha Colliver and biosecurity officer Steve Blyth.
Four new candidates were added to the Mining and Pastoral ticket, Lionel Quartermaine (Carnarvon), Kieran Dart (Karratha), Mark Young (Coral Bay), and Tessa Daly (Carnarvon), joining Nick Fardell and Tony Crook.
Leader Mia Davies welcomed new candidates to the team following their endorsement by The Nationals WA State Council today.
“Our new candidates are all excellent representatives for their communities and regions, and I and look forward to working with them on the campaign trail,” Ms Davies said.
“They bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to our ever-growing depth of candidates on the ground fighting for regional WA.
Ms Davies said the Upper House campaign would be more important than ever in 2021.
“Regional WA can’t risk Labor gaining control in the Upper House,” Ms Davies said.
“The Labor Government has neglected regional development, allowed schools, hospitals and police stations to fall into disrepair, and ignored the pleas of regional industry on issues like the worker shortage and rural crime.
“Families, businesses and communities in regional WA deserve better,” Ms Davies said.
The Nationals WA Agricultural Region team:
- Hon Colin de Grussa MLC, Member for the Agricultural Region and third-generation farmer (Esperance).
- Hon Martin Aldridge MLC, Member for the Agricultural Region and former senior fire fighter (Gingin).
- Natasha Colliver, City of Greater Geraldton councillor and communications coordinator at Geraldton Universities Centre (Geraldton).
- Steve Blyth, biosecurity certification officer, (Katanning)
- Rob Horstman, Executive account manager (Northampton)
Mining and Pastoral Region team:
- Nick Fardell, former Senate candidate for The Nationals WA (Kalgoorlie-Boulder).
- Lionel Quartermaine: Manager and consultant (Carnarvon)
- Tony Crook, pastoral manager and former Federal MP (Kalgoorlie-Boulder).
- Kieran Dart, specialist in the mining industry (Karratha)
- Mark Young, small business owner (Coral Bay)
- Tessa Daly, program manager (Carnavon)
Find out more about The Nationals WA State election campaign at www.nationalswa.com