Member for Central Wheatbelt, Mia Davies congratulates the grant recipients of the Wheatbelt region’s Community Chest Fund, made possible by Royalties for Regions.
Ms Davies said the Community Chest Fund, provided grants to community, public and not for profit organisations to improve and develop infrastructure and services in the region.
Projects totalling $323,606, supported through the Wheatbelt region’s Community Chest Fund in this round include:
- Activ Foundation Incorporated – $13,850 for Activ Kellerberrin Project.
- Meckering Sporting Club Inc – $15,000 for Making Meckering Investment Ready.
- Merredin Museum & Historical Society Inc – $18,182 to cover and protect Railway Vehicles at the Merredin Railway Museum.
- North East West Regional Organisation of Councils NEWROC (Shire of Nungarin) – $19,240 to develop NEWROC Health Strategy.
- Avon Tourism (Inc) – $16,180 to brand and market Avon Valley as a Motorcycle Friendly Region.
- Koorda CRC (on behalf of Nth Eastern W’belt Travel Assoc Inc) – $32,300 to develop the Wheatbelt Way Digital Marketing Project.
- Wheatbelt Business Network – $15,900 to develop a toolkit for Investing in Wheatbelt Businesses.
- Shire of Koorda – $32,934 Koorda Drive-in Revamp
- Avon Valley Arts Society Inc – $2,200 to develop a 5 Year Strategic Plan.
- Seabrook Aboriginal Corporation – $47,640 upgrade facilities as part of Boyagin Rock Day Use Area Refurbishment Project.
- Wheatbelt Science Hub – $48,779 to create a Wheatbelt Science Trail.
- Shire of Northam – $19,800 to conduct Northam Youth Precinct Feasibility Study.
- Beacon Progress Association – $37,101 to upgrade and improve the Movin in the Men’s Shed.
- Shire of Goomalling – $4,500 to assist with children’s entertainment at the Vintage Car Sprint & Spring Festival.
The Community Chest Fund provides voluntary organisations, educational institutions and community organisations with grants of up to $50,000 to support local projects.
Western Australia’s nine Regional Development Commissions oversee the projects, each being allocated an equal share from which to provide the Community Chest Fund grants.
“I am pleased to see Royalties for Regions investing in such a diverse range of projects,” Ms Davies said.
“This funding will support region-specific priorities that are driven by local communities to assist the development of infrastructure, services and community projects that help build vibrant regions with strong economies.
“I congratulate the Board of the Wheatbelt Development Commission in their extraordinarily difficult task in selecting these projects from the very many worthy projects that applied.”